A beautiful reward was received a few days ago, and finally I can properly thank the person responsible: Super specific gratitude to a super awesome blogger. Go discover, I know you want to 🙂
Anyhow, to qualify I need to answer the given questions, and then provide ten of my own. Thus, without further ado:
A new island chain suddenly forms in the south Pacific. Scientists, in the spirit of serendipity, need a name for the archipelago, so they run outside and grab the first person they see walking by. That person is you. What do you name the islands?
Find any grocery list you’ve ever written – on a post-in note, on your phone, in the trash can. What is the third item on that list?
I rarely write lists – and certainly not for groceries. Sometimes my mother writes me a note with items I should buy…The third will be – chilli powder.
Go to any mirror – doesn’t matter if there’s people around – and look at the bottom of your tongue. What is your immediate emotional reaction?
Let’s say you could suddenly make all the cable news stations cover animals with the same intensity they covered politics – all animals all the time! Which animal would you want them to focus exclusively on?
Wolves/cats and dragons
What is a random 11-letter word? I’ve already said mine – archipelago.
I’m still not particularly happy with my computer wallpaper. What should I change it to?
To automatically changing wallpaper 🙂
If you could only eat breakfast foods for lunch and lunch foods for breakfast, what would be your go-to breakfast? Your go-to lunch?
Eggs and bacon for lunch. Steamed chicken breast and veggies for breakfast.
A bedbug bite forces you to have one of these useless superpowers.
Which of the following useless superpowers would choose and why?
– The ability to make only office supplies levitate.
– The ability to be invisible – but only inside a volcano.
– The ability to, at will, swap any picture on a billboard to a pumpkin.
The first one – street magicians here I come.
Do you hate your initials? If you could have any initials, what would they be and why?
No, I don’t. It would still be the same, ‘cos I’m proud of who I am. I fought long and hard for this feeling, so no taking backs.
What is the most recent gum you chewed? Extrapolate a short story of five sentences or less with that gum as a central plot mechanic.
God, give me strength to remember…something minty, probably.
He was nervous, searching his pockets frantically. She was stepping closer. A promising smile on her lips. He was sweating, panicking. Where was the stupid gum!?
I hope you’ll find this interesting and accept by answering my questions and coming up with your own.
- If you had to choose which villain’s life to live – who and why?
- A silly thing that never fails to make you laugh.
- What is your favorite bird?
- Would you rather have a job that allows you to be carefree and doesn’t ask any effort but without vacation or hard-work that keeps you on your toes constantly and two-months vacation?
- There is a runaway trolley barreling down the railway tracks. Ahead, on the tracks, there are five people tied up and unable to move. The trolley is headed straight for them. You are standing some distance off in the train yard, next to a lever. If you pull this lever, the trolley will switch to a different set of tracks. However, you notice that there is one person tied up on the side track. You have two options:
- Do nothing, and the trolley kills the five people on the main track.
- Pull the lever, diverting the trolley onto the side track where it will kill one person.
Which is the most ethical choice?
- What, if some day or night a demon were to steal after you into your loneliest loneliness and say to you: “This life as you now live it and have lived it, you will have to live once more and innumerable times more; and there will be nothing new in it, but every pain and every joy and every thought and sigh and everything unutterably small or great in your life will have to return to you, all in the same succession and sequence – even this spider and this moonlight between the trees, and even this moment and I myself. The eternal hourglass of existence is turned upside down again and again, and you with it, speck of dust!” – Nietzsch Would you take it as a curse or as a blessing?
- If you were allowed to drink one drink (only one) for the rest of times – what would it be?
- Alcohol or smoking?
- If you were allowed to live anywhere – where?
- Be popular but lonely or unknown but with a family?