My Friday started marvellously; wonderful, brilliant Carly (Message in Stanza) found my sketchy (lovable) writing appealing enough to nominate for this award. I am grateful for another sweet recognition of my writing.
WordPress community !
The Rules (because we simply cannot postpone those):
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
2. Write a post to show your award.
3. Give a brief story of how your blog started.
4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
5. Select 15 other bloggers for this award.
6. Comment on each blog to let them know you’ve nominated them and a link to the post you created.
Well, I’ve told many times that my writing is a compulsion. I breathe letters, but this particular place was born because I was struggling with admiration. I became uncomfortably attached to the image and for me the feeling of attachment (even if only based on immense admiration of the talent) to someone who is not real (or real, matters little) … It was killing me. Thus, I decided to write the image out of my system and I succeeded. The goal was met but I lingered here, and then, somehow, stayed. I blame the community. It’s loving and inviting, showering with love and recognition, and who in the right mind can pass on such attention? I certainly can’t. I’m greedy, like that. 🙂
Advice (The best advice I can give is not to follow my advice)
- Just create. Don’t think how many likes it will bring or who will hate and adore it. Art is meant to be free and daring, not carefully crafted to please.
- The numbers, recognition and everything else doesn’t matter. If you get it be grateful, if you don’t create anyway. You never know who secretly following your page and eagerly waits for another line to appear.
Nominees (consider this your official invitation. I am doing it in this way, because sometimes wordpress puts comments with links into spam).
I hope you don’t mind the nomination and I am looking froward to reading your creations.